Friday, August 15, 2014

Baby's back!

So you might have thought I was not going to update this blog anymore... wrong! I just got super busy with the final stages of planning our honeymoon and actually going on our honeymoon! Yes we just got back!

So in the last few weeks we have done a lot. First of all baby has grown a lot and many things are happening, but also we traveled and found an apartment and are moving soon!

----------

So first things first, I am now 27 weeks, almost 28 weeks pregnant. Baby is doing wonderful and all the test results so far are coming back very good. I had a midwife appointment yesterday and it looks like I will get one more ultrasound to make sure the placenta is not in the way. Hopefully Aaron will get to attend. I was lucky enough to get a weekend appointment for my next midwife visit, Aaron will finally be able to be there and we can discuss the birth plan and his level of involvement in the delivery, which he wants to do all on his own... we'll see about that!

Healthy baby is happy and kicking away in there. Kicking so much so that we are definitely seeing it on my belly. It is sometimes so strong that it takes me by surprise and stops me dead in my tracks. I am so happy to say I can feel baby throughout the day. The down side to that is when baby takes a nap, I sometimes get nervous that something is wrong. And then I sit down to rest and get a massive kick! Symptoms are starting to get annoying though. My sleep is awful, I wake up with crazy back pains and  I can't seem to find a good position to sleep in. Heartburn is definitely up there in the list of most annoying as well. It seems like it's a constant feeling that I just can't shake off. I'll get a half hour here or there of no heartburn and that is like paradise! Also, swollen feet! My oh my! The plane rides are what kick started it I think. My issue seems to be with sitting down for long periods of time, which is mainly what I do at work, so working around that will be a challenge. Of course I have other issues that I will keep to myself for I don't think you need to know all the details! I gotta say thought, I wondered if I was going to be one of those women who hate being pregnant or just love it. It seems like it's either one or the other and so far, I LOVE it! The little inconveniences of symptoms is so very worth it to me that I tend to forget about them. The baby kicks are enough to get me to completely forget about the pain of heartburn or the sight of my ugly puffy feet!

So since I didn't update with pictures in a while, here are all the weekly pictures I have missed so far.





Taking pictures of a belly is hard when you're wearing your secret money belt. Yes I am that traveller who needs a money belt because I'm so scared of pickpockets. 

The 26 weeks board should say "as big as a head of lettuce". We forgot to check on the iPhone App before leaving our wifi access. We realized once at the Eiffel that we had no idea what it was for the week so we guessed. We guessed wrong! 


As you can see, we kept up with the picture taking during our trip. We thought it would be fun for baby to one day see that he/she traveled in-utero!

I have been trying to get a good video of the crazy kicks i have been getting. It's hard to record it since most of the time I get a big kick out of nowhere and decide to record and nothing happens for a while until I finally look away!

----------

So our trip was actually Spain and France. We had a great time and saw a lot of pretty things. We enjoyed ourselves and I am proud to say I did a tremendous amount of walking and climbing towers. Something that I doubted I was going to be able to do. The Spain part was with a tour operator and so we did a lot of busing to different regions of Spain. The bus absolutely killed my feet though, all the sitting made my feet swell up like crazy! After Spain we went on our own to southern France and up to Paris. We decided to relax while in France since the Spain part of the trip had been so rushed. We got a few upgrades since it was our honeymoon and we took great advantage of that. All in all we had a great time but were happy to finally be back home. Obviously with our new arrival in November, future trips will be more local and within Canada to visit family, and we aren't complaining about that!

Here are a few pictures of our trip for your enjoyment.




I wanted to post more but this website is not cooperating. I'll have them on Facebook for you soon.

We got baby a few souvenirs, baby got a onesie from Marseille and Paris. We saw a onesie in Madrid that we loved and since it was our first Spanish city we thought for sure we would see more during our tour of Spain but we never did, so we don't have our Spanish onesie :(

----------

On the home front, just before we left, we signed our new lease and advised our current landlords of our imminent move. Our new place is actually a condo so the sound proofing is better, the place looks much nicer and we don't have to share a staircase with smelly neighbors. It's a two bedroom, no balcony (i'm still having a hard time dealing with that) and it's nicely painted already so no need to repaint. We will finally have a dishwasher and I am overjoyed! The crazy part is that we just got back from a trip and we are moving in just a few days. Thankfully we will have the old apartment for a few days after our move so we can take our time with the move.

On a different note, I will soon be putting my car up for sale so if anyone is interested let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment