Monday, June 16, 2014

Well this is getting pretty real...

I can't believe I'm already 19 weeks pregnant. Sorry I skipped a week again, but I have more to say now!

It feels like only yesterday I found out I was pregnant... and for some reason 20 weeks seemed so far away and now it's almost here! And this is where it gets real... this baby is kicking my insides like crazy!!! I'm sure it seems crazy now and it'll seem like a joke in a few weeks but for now, it's mind blowing.

So in the past two weeks I have had the chance to see my belly get a bit bigger and harder and I started to feel way more that just "is this gas or what" flutters. Today I even had a kick that had me wincing... must have gotten me in a soft spot, yet again, everything inside there must be more or less soft. According to my mother in law, my husband was a wild child in the womb, I wonder if this baby will be anything like him.

I have started to think more and more about how he or she can hear me. I find myself singing in the car, as per usual, sometimes way too loud and hoping he or she likes my crazy singing because it's only the beginning of what he or she will have to endure. Okay.. so he or she will get long after a while, i'll just say baby.

Last weekend Aaron and I went shopping with my grandmother to find the colors she will use to make us a baby quilt. She offered to make us an entire bedding set, because she is just that awesome, but since we don't know if baby will be a boy or a girl and we wanted something simple and modern, we went with just a quilt and a matching pillow for the rocking chair. Speaking of rocking chair, Aaron's family has one that has been passed down. He wants to use it for the room. I like it but it's missing a cushion. If anyone knows a great way to DIY something like THIS (below) over a wooden rocker/glider I would be thrilled to have some advice.

This one seems complicated but like it because it looks just like the modern chair I want but can't afford. I also like it because of the cushions cover the sharp edges. I'm afraid baby will bump into it and get hurt.  ( I should probably post the link to these blog posts so I don't get sued... oops I found these images on the Google image search sorry!)

And this one, well it's way more my effort level let's just say. The look of the two big cushions on the chair is great and modern, which is what we are going for. The only thing is, Aaron would have to allow me to paint it, which I don't know if he would be okay with. I mean it's solid wood so it can be refinished... but you know. 

So that's my dilemma with the chair. The colors we chose for the quilt are super cute and will go great with our vision of the room. Now we just have to move to start prepping it. And we are way excited to move not only for the bigger space and being able to finally start planning the baby room and making it happen, but also because my crazy neighbors are, well, effing crazy! They actually scare me. I don't feel comfortable living here anymore so we are actively searching for a new place and I kept finding great places but our lease isn't up for a few months. If it wasn't for the crazy neighbors, we would tough it out and move when our lease is done and hope to find a nice place, but with their nonsense barging up the stairs to scream at me for no apparent reason. I want to get the F out of here. I actually get stressed about leaving my apartment because I fear running into them in the hallway. I have made attempts to speak to my landlord, she has yet to reply to me. I can tell you I am less than impress with the way the landlord has been taking care of her business. And I won't be afraid to tell her when she asks me why we want to move so bad! Ugghhh! Sorry... had to vent!

Aside from all the crazies... our travel plans are pretty much set in stone. Well they were a while ago but I'm just finalizing the last few bookings. I already feel much better and less stressed since we got a few things sorted out. I feel like I have made progress! I always feel that way when a bunch of stuff gets scratched off the list! Let's just hope there's no issue with Aaron getting the time off. I mean, it's hard enough planning a honeymoon but when you have no means of asking for time off, I don't know how you're supposed to do. We had to just take a chance, what with me being pregnant an all, it's not like we could put it off it very much longer. So we are getting cancellation insurance, but I would be devastated is it was to be shut down. Aaron seems pretty confident... but he's been pretty confident about other things in the past relating to his military career and those things have not turned out like we had hoped. We are crossing our fingers and I am attempting to put it out of my head since it only stresses me more! 

Other things that needed doing are getting done, like the date, time and place for the baby shower has been selected. I have finalized my invitations and we have created our registry. I'm so excited! And yet more things keep popping into my head that need doing like... I need a doctor for my baby!!! Someone, somewhere must have a doctor for me... if you know of one taking patients, general practitioner or pediatrician send the info my way. I've been on the waiting list for what seems like forever. I don't care if I don't have one myself, but baby needs a doctor! 

Oh almost forgot, here are my 18 and 19 weeks preggo shots!

Yes I misspelled potato.. I was thinking patate, sorry I'm french what can I say! And no, I can't draw a sweet potato, some of these fruit comparisons are crazy!




In even more exciting news, Aaron is on his last week of training. OMG I am so happy! I'm super emotional about it too. I had to tell him to leave on sunday because I could no longer stand lounging with him when I knew he had to leave and I would not get to talk to him for the entire week and most likely wont get to see him this weekend. BUT next week is graduation and let's all cross our fingers that he gets to come home for my big ultrasound on the 26th! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about having him home and finally spending this pregnancy together. It's been a long time coming!  

This week should go by quickly... let's hope! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your lovely belly, Tania! I enjoyed your post. (Sorry, no advice for the chair - but then it's late and I'm not as creative when I'm tired.) So glad your hubby will be back with you soon. It's never fun when they're away on courses, is it. I loved being pregnant and miss it, quite frankly. Enjoy your journey. I blog as well. Pop over sometime if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I really enjoy writing these little updates! I'll go check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete